#11 Being ‘One School’
ISB has evolved over many years to become recognized as one of the leading international schools in the world. As we have organically developed over time, each of our different school divisions has created developmentally appropriate systems and structures, but this has also led to a degree of disconnect between our four school “divisions”.
As we look ahead to a new phase of our school’s development, we feel it is important to improve connections between each area of the school, creating stronger alignment and ensuring even smoother transitions for students.
With this in mind, areas of focus and development next school year will include:
- An ‘Upper School’ and ‘Lower School’ approach, enhancing connections between key groups including leadership, counsellors, and curriculum planning;
- Roll-out of a common educational learning platform (Apple) across the whole school;
- A whole-school “newsletter” that brings together in one place, all relevant information for families;
- Enhancing student transitions between different sections of the school. For example, the Assistant Head of High School will be directly and strategically involved in the shared task of managing the transition between grades 9 and 10;
- Increased collaboration and sharing of ideas and resources between sections of the school.
Did you know?
The next ISB Futures Spotlight
Feedback on the FA Communications Survey