#6 Technology for Learning at ISB
The use of technology for learning at ISB is guided by the following principles:
- Appropriate technology use is an essential component of optimal learning environments.
- Technology creates new teaching and learning opportunities that improve student understanding. It contributes to an environment in which teaching and learning are learner centered, collaborative, engaging.
- Technology provides the means for equitable learning opportunities.
- Technology allows teachers to meet the diverse learning needs of students by adapting to individual goals and learning styles.
Areas of future development, including the 2021-22 school year include:
- Transitioning to a common Apple platform across both the upper and lower schools. All MS and HS students will receive new MacBooks in August;
- Investment in the latest Lenovo Mirage VR S3 835 headset technology, allowing students to enjoy “virtual” field trips at a time when off-campus learning is restricted (the first school in Europe to gain access to this technology);
- Expanding the coding initiative into the upper grades through ISB Plus;
- Developing a video server for media-rich content;
- Intentionally incorporating what we have learned throughout the Covid-19 pandemic about distance learning into our future approaches to learning. Example: the incorporation of live-streaming into the future of the ISB Arts programme.
The next ISB Futures Spotlight
Academic data systems at ISB