ISB News Archive
Effective school communities like ISB are built upon the values of openness, transparency and feedback. They provide opportunities for all stakeholders to gather, share ideas, and discuss the school's future direction.
On 23 January, nearly 100 members of the ISB community - parents, trustees, and members of the leadership team - attended the first of two Community Forums planned for this school year.
The goals of this meeting were to:
- Provide parents with an opportunity to become familiar with the ISB Board of Trustees and its work
- Share important and exciting information about school priorities in the coming years, and how families can get involved
- Solicit feedback from parents in order to continuously improve programs and services.
At the meeting, Director, Lee Fertig described the school's ongoing commitment to improving the learning experience for all students, excellence in teaching, as well as investments that are being made into the campus and learning environment.
Board Chair, Hans Skeppner, introduced the work of the ISB Board and took time to describe this year's priority areas of focus.
- Upgrading campus security and mobility
- Ensuring there are effective processes in place to emphasize high-quality teaching and learning
- Developing a long-term campus master plan
- Establishing mission-driven key performance indicators
- Considering ways to improve community engagement, participation, and support.
Speaking after the event, Member of the Board of Trustees Bénédicte Rousseau reported, "Several parents mentioned that it is exactly the kind of event that they were waiting and hoping for and some of them have already communicated in very positive terms to their community about our Monday's meeting."
The next Community Forum is scheduled to take place on Monday 20 February. Community members can find more details in the Weekly Newsflash.